Mark Hancock is a well-known ELT author, teacher and trainer with over 30 years experience in the field. He has taught in Sudan, Turkey, Brazil, Spain and the UK and wrote his first English language teaching book – Pronunciation Games – over 20 years ago.
Mark’s approach in both teaching and writing ELT materials is to engage the learner and inspire their intrinsic interest in the content and in the process of the lesson. This is driven by his belief that teaching and learning a language can and should be an enjoyable experience.
Pronunciation has been a special interest for much of his career and he has written several popular, award-winning textbooks on the topic. Mark regularly presents on teacher training courses and at international events, both online and face to face.
Visit hancockmcdonald.com/books to read about the publications below that Mark has written or co-authored.
Check out Mark’s authors page on Amazon.com which includes links to printed versions of PronPack 1-6 and just published, PronPack: Connected Speech for Listeners, the first in a new series focusing on Pronunciation for Listening.
Follow PronPack on Facebook and Twitter
By the same author
ELT Pronunciation and Skills
• PronPack: Connected Speech for Listeners (Hancock McDonald ELT, 2022)
• Mark Hancock’s 50 Tips for Teaching Pronunciation (CUP, 2020)
• PronPack Collection, books 1-6 (Hancock McDonald ELT, 2017-2021)
• Empower C1 ‘Everyday English’ sections (CUP 2016)
• Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 9th Ed ‘Speaking Tutor’ section (OUP 2015)
• Pen Pictures 1, 2 & 3 (OUP 1999 – 2000 – co-authored with Annie McDonald)
• Authentic Listening Resource Pack (Delta 2014 – co-authored with Annie McDonald)
• English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate (CUP 2003, 2012)
• Singing Grammar (CUP, 1999)
• Pronunciation Games (CUP 1995)
ELT Course Book Series
• English Result (OUP 2007 – 2010 – co-authored with Annie McDonald)
• Out and About (CUP 2015 – co-authored with Annie McDonald)
• Winners (OUP 2010 – co-authored with Cathy Lawday)
• New Ways to Go (CUP 2002 – co-authored with Penny Ur and Ramon Ribé)