Mark’s approach in both teaching and writing ELT materials is to engage the learner and inspire their intrinsic interest in the
content and in the process of the lesson. This is driven by his belief that teaching and learning a language can and should be an enjoyable experience.
Mark Hancock started teaching English over 30 years ago and wrote his first English language teaching book – Pronunciation Games – over 20 years ago. Mark has taught in Sudan, Turkey, Brazil, Spain and currently lives and works in the UK. Apart from teaching and writing, he also presents at international conferences and leads on short teacher training courses.
Visit hancockmcdonald.com/books to read about the publications below that Mark has written or co-authored.
Check out Mark’s authors page on Amazon.com which includes links to printed versions of PronPack 1-4.
By the same author
ELT Pronunciation and Skills
• Pronunciation Games (CUP 1995)
• English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate (CUP 2003, 2012)
• Authentic Listening Resource Pack (Delta 2014 – co-authored with
• Pen Pictures 1, 2 & 3 (OUP 1999 – 2000 – co-authored with
• Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 9th Ed ‘Speaking Tutor’ section
• Empower C1 ‘Everyday English’ sections (CUP 2016)
• Singing Grammar (CUP 1999)
ELT Course Book Series
• English Result (OUP 2007 – 2010 – co-authored with
• Out and About (CUP 2015 – co-authored with Annie McDonald)
• Winners (OUP 2010 – co-authored with Cathy Lawday)
• New Ways to Go (CUP 2002 – co-authored with Penny Ur and